ONE of Marbella’s top restaurants is hosting a fundraising lunch for expat photographer David Toms, who was tragically paralysed following a motorbike accident.
The €50 ticket will get you cava on arrival, a two-course lunch, a €10 gift drinks voucher at La Sala and front row seats to a fashion show.
There will also be raffle prizes and live performances, while a diamond necklace will also go up for auction at La Sala, in Puerto Banus on June 8.
€10 from each ticket will be donated to David’s Fund.
Toms, who took photos for numerous events and publications on the coast for years, was paralysed when his bike hit a patch of sand, leaving him a quadriplegic.
After six weeks in the intensive care unit in Málaga, he was transferred to a specialist spinal injury hospital in Toledo where his progress was fast.
He has since been removed to a specialist centre in Granada and regained some movement in parts of his body.
For more information email [email protected] or purchase at La Sala directly. Alternatively call 648490919 to arrange a meeting to point to collect tickets.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09