ONE of Marbella’s top restaurants is hosting a fundraising lunch for expat photographer David Toms, who was tragically paralysed following a motorbike accident.
The €50 ticket will get you cava on arrival, a two-course lunch, a €10 gift drinks voucher at La Sala and front row seats to a fashion show.
There will also be raffle prizes and live performances, while a diamond necklace will also go up for auction at La Sala, in Puerto Banus on June 8.
€10 from each ticket will be donated to David’s Fund.
Toms, who took photos for numerous events and publications on the coast for years, was paralysed when his bike hit a patch of sand, leaving him a quadriplegic.
After six weeks in the intensive care unit in Málaga, he was transferred to a specialist spinal injury hospital in Toledo where his progress was fast.
He has since been removed to a specialist centre in Granada and regained some movement in parts of his body.
For more information email [email protected] or purchase at La Sala directly. Alternatively call 648490919 to arrange a meeting to point to collect tickets.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19