A BRITISH expat has been arrested on suspicion of sharing child pornography on the Costa del Sol.
The 63-year-old, based in Mijas, was caught by the Policia Nacional at Malaga airport after returning from a trip to the Canary Islands.
It comes after police were alerted to someone downloading and sharing child pornography online.
Authorities traced the person’s computer IP address to Mijas and identified the expat.
According to officials, the accused had shared numerous explicit videos and pictures of children.
Following a court order, police searched the expat’s home and found a laptop and a storage device which contained various files displaying ‘clear paedophilic content’.
The accused had reportedly deleted the files before police searched the property.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03