AIRBNB hosts earned on average €7,000 in 2017 from renting out rooms or flats for an average of two months in Palma.
The city hosted over 220,000 visitors through the popular site, from 147 countries last year alone.
Airbnb hosts in Ibiza made an average of over €10,500 for 49 nights last year, with only 100,000 visitors using the popular vacation rental website.
Balearic Airbnb hosts make a lot more cash from rentals than most of Spain, where the average host makes a mere €3,572 for 38 days of renting.
The website have announced that they are opening an office of sustainable tourism, to ensure they empower cities rather than overcrowd and cause economic stress to an area.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42