THIS is the moment a man was caught playing the guitar while driving a British-plated car with his knees on a motorway in Mallorca.
The ‘idiot’ driver appears to be relaxed and enjoying strumming a tune without noticing the danger of his reckless behaviour.
It looks as though the driver is steering the car with his knees, while he drives at speed on the Palma Inca motorway.
The man has not yet been identified but is believed to be British due to his driving plate and right-hand wheeled car.
Reportedly the Guardia Civil are now looking for the man, who could face charges of reckless driving, six points on his licence, a €500 fine and a temporary driving ban.
According to local news website, Cronica Balear, the video was recorded on Saturday April 28 at 7pm, after it was uploaded to social media.
“’Look at this video because it’s legendary,” laughed the Spaniard filming the outrageous incident.
“An English man with the steering wheel on the other side of the car, playing his guitar while he’s driving.
“I never expected to see recklessness like this on a motorway.”
News website Cronica Balear condemned the driver and appear to be tired of this sort of behaviour which becomes yet more common in the run up to summer.
It wrote in an article: ‘We have seen all types of carelessness on the roads.
‘Drivers talking on the phone, putting on make-up, reading a map or paper, eating or even drinking alcohol.
‘But in the Balearics we can now add this sad image to the list, an idiot driving while playing his guitar.’
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03