Less developed and lower rise than many of its neighbours, Estepona’s ‘east end’ is aptly named – you get a better vista in Benavista!
A family favourite resort that has grown up around the beautiful (and arguably best) beaches between Estepona and San Pedro, the thriving community of foreign residents has shaped it into what it is today, and there’s always something going on.
“We are so spoilt for choice,” says Hughie Holgate, 67, who runs the popular Benavista Bowls Club and its Green Bar.
Taking the club from 50 members to hundreds, Hughie has transformed the run-down kitchen facilities he inherited into a thriving bar which serves tapas and daily specials.
“There are at least half a dozen golf courses within a mile of here and the facilities for families are great. On top of that, you are only a short drive from the hills via the Ubrique or San Pedro roads.”
The bowls club is a real magnet for the area, added entrepreneur father-offour. “We have many members who play in leagues up and down the Costa del Sol,” he says.
“And non-members have their own green.” Next door, restaurant Los Arcos has been given a makeover that the whole family can enjoy.
A giant play area, cinema room, bar and restaurant – not to mention five big screens to watch the football and a five-a-side pitch to play – are just some of the new attractions at the bar-cum-restaurant Down from here a necklace of well set-up urbanisations – Diana Park, Benavista and El Pilar – offer every variety of shop and service, all with an expat twist.
They include a range of excellent butchers and cake shops, as well as English supermarkets, curry houses and British bars.
It is also the Spanish headquarters of British construction company Roger Bullivant. One of the best shops is Cath’s Cards, which stocks a fabulous range of greetings cards, balloons and party accessories.
And don’t forget, cross the footbridge and you are in Benamara, which is just two minutes’ walk to the beach!
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00