A NEW competition has been launched in Mallorca with the aim of rewarding start-ups in the tourism, biotechnology and environmental sectors.
The Dragons Den style contest ‘Connect Up’ will see 14 judges award an €8,000 grant to the most promising firm, as well as business advice and free promotion in the media.
So far 131 entrepreneurs have signed up for the contest.
They will be whittled down to 20 finalists who will compete for the overall prize this June.
The contest has been organised by the Grup Serra in association with its main sponsor, CaixaBank.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33