A MAN has been killed in a drive-by shooting outside a church in Marbella.
The victim was gunned down on calle Mainake, near the Virgen del Rocio church in San Pedro de Alcantara.
He was shot four times at around 1.50pm.
The 36-year-old had just attended his daughter’s communion.
Witnesses say two shooters drove by on a motorbike and shot the man as he was sitting in his car.
According to reports he was the owner of a gym and a chiringuito in San Pedro.
The investigation is considering a ‘settling of debts’ as a possible motive for the murder.
The victim was transferred with serious injuries to the Costa del Sol Hospital where doctors could not save him.
They have yet to be found by police.
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38