SHOCKING footage has emerged showing tourists running for their lives after four intoxicated British holidaymakers who started a fire, using an aerosol can and a lighter in a prank trying to burn their friend’s feet.
— Padraig O'Reilly (@padraig_reilly) May 20, 2018
The incident occurred at the BH Mallorca hotel located on Avenida de las Palmeras on Sunday night, in which the blaze spread through multiple hotel rooms causing two floors to be evacuated.
Several people trapped on balconies were rescued by firefighters as black smoke billowed from the building. Nobody was seriously injured; however multiple people including 3 firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation.
After witnesses were interviewed the police discovered that in the room where the fire started there were two women and three men, one of them was asleep and that the other four were using a lighter and an aerosol on his feet.
The four drunken tourists have been named as Georgia Jones, Lauren Smith, aged 19, and James Brown and Brandon McCahill, aged 21. It has to be decided whether to remand them in custody or release them on bail.
The damage to the hotel has been estimated at around €200,000.
- An Ayurvedic detox diet can help you bounce back from winter bingeing, writes Andalucia-based chef Manna Teji - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:00
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58