SHOCKING footage has emerged showing tourists running for their lives after four intoxicated British holidaymakers who started a fire, using an aerosol can and a lighter in a prank trying to burn their friend’s feet.
— Padraig O'Reilly (@padraig_reilly) May 20, 2018
The incident occurred at the BH Mallorca hotel located on Avenida de las Palmeras on Sunday night, in which the blaze spread through multiple hotel rooms causing two floors to be evacuated.
Several people trapped on balconies were rescued by firefighters as black smoke billowed from the building. Nobody was seriously injured; however multiple people including 3 firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation.
After witnesses were interviewed the police discovered that in the room where the fire started there were two women and three men, one of them was asleep and that the other four were using a lighter and an aerosol on his feet.
The four drunken tourists have been named as Georgia Jones, Lauren Smith, aged 19, and James Brown and Brandon McCahill, aged 21. It has to be decided whether to remand them in custody or release them on bail.
The damage to the hotel has been estimated at around €200,000.
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40