THE British manager of Mulligans bar on the Magaluf strip has been arrested over the murder of a Northern Irish holidaymaker.
Aaron Henderson, 30, died after suffering a bleed on the brain after allegedly being beaten up by bouncer Paul Waugh, 35, while on a night out.
Waugh, originally from Middlesbrough, is now appearing in court in Palma over the incident.
Locals in Punta Ballena were shocked over Waugh’s arrest, describing him as a man who did not go looking for trouble.
“He does a lot of charity work,” a former employee of Mulligans said.
“He is a member of a church here and he has a young son.
“He does not come across as a violent person when you meet him.
“He is one of the nicest, most generous guys I have met out here.”
It is believed that Waugh has worked on the strip for 15 years, working his way up from PR to bar work to bar manager.
Henderson was on holiday with his girlfriend Danielle Baxter and two young children when the alleged assault took place.
Baxter had returned home earlier in the evening but Henderson stayed out to continue partying.
A 37-year-old Spanish man has also been arrested on suspicion of attempting to cover up the crime.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33