TWO 13-year-old boys have died during school trips in Andalucia.
One of the teenagers disappeared in a nature area in Cordoba, while the other drowned in Cadiz.
Policia Local found the body of a 13-year-old boy close to the Baños de Popea de Cordoba.
He had been on a school trip with classmates from the Colonial IES of Fuente Palmera school when he disappeared yesterday.
At around 8.30pm his teachers reported him missing to the Seguridad Ciudadana and local Seprona units.
Officials from the underwater Guardia Civil unit took part in the search in the area which is full of waterfalls and backwaters.
Another 13-year-old boy drowned on Tuesday at Valdelagrana beach in El Puerto de Santa Maria in Cadiz.
The minor was also on a school trip with classmates from the Instituto de Educación Secundaria (IES) ‘San Pablo’ in Sevilla, when authorities were called at around 1.10pm.
Police reported that the boy was pulled out of the water after nearby swimmers tried to revive him.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03