Now the Terminator – famous for the phrase ‘I’ll be back’ – has returned to film for the latest sequel around Andalucia this Spring.
Played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator 6, also starring Linda Hamilton has been in Almeria for two weeks.
The film crew have taken over the small hamlet of Isleta del Moro, in Cabo de Gata, until this Friday.
A number of scenes have been filmed in the area, as well as in neighbouring Murcia.
The locations and logistics are all being handled by an expat owned film company, based in Malaga.
Fresco Film, owned by German Peter Welter, has just finished producing the crime series Snatch, and also worked on Game of Thrones.
Schwarzenegger last visited Spain in 2014, when he attended a bodybuilding competition in Madrid. He previously filmed Conan the Barbarian in Almeria, in 1982.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59