Now the Terminator – famous for the phrase ‘I’ll be back’ – has returned to film for the latest sequel around Andalucia this Spring.
Played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator 6, also starring Linda Hamilton has been in Almeria for two weeks.
The film crew have taken over the small hamlet of Isleta del Moro, in Cabo de Gata, until this Friday.
A number of scenes have been filmed in the area, as well as in neighbouring Murcia.
The locations and logistics are all being handled by an expat owned film company, based in Malaga.
Fresco Film, owned by German Peter Welter, has just finished producing the crime series Snatch, and also worked on Game of Thrones.
Schwarzenegger last visited Spain in 2014, when he attended a bodybuilding competition in Madrid. He previously filmed Conan the Barbarian in Almeria, in 1982.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22