Now the Terminator – famous for the phrase ‘I’ll be back’ – has returned to film for the latest sequel around Andalucia this Spring.
Played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator 6, also starring Linda Hamilton has been in Almeria for two weeks.
The film crew have taken over the small hamlet of Isleta del Moro, in Cabo de Gata, until this Friday.
A number of scenes have been filmed in the area, as well as in neighbouring Murcia.
The locations and logistics are all being handled by an expat owned film company, based in Malaga.
Fresco Film, owned by German Peter Welter, has just finished producing the crime series Snatch, and also worked on Game of Thrones.
Schwarzenegger last visited Spain in 2014, when he attended a bodybuilding competition in Madrid. He previously filmed Conan the Barbarian in Almeria, in 1982.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27