FOUR men and a boy have been arrested for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting an underage girl in Spain.
The suspects, who reportedly called themselves ‘la nueva manada’ – the new wolf pack -were picked up at a resort in the Canary Islands.
Their name is a reference to the La Manada case, where five friends from Sevilla – who called themselves the wolf pack on a Whatsapp group – sexually assaulted an 18-year-old girl at the running of the bulls festival in Pamplona.
Few details on the new alleged attack have been released but local media reported that one of the suspects had recorded the attack on his phone.
The group are still being held in Maspalomas.
Mayor of San Bartolomé de Tirajana where the incident took place, Marco Aurelio Pérez, described the assault as ‘a totally intolerable, mean, vile’ act, and said it risked ‘dangerously awakening social anger’.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26