FOUR men and a boy have been arrested for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting an underage girl in Spain.
The suspects, who reportedly called themselves ‘la nueva manada’ – the new wolf pack -were picked up at a resort in the Canary Islands.
Their name is a reference to the La Manada case, where five friends from Sevilla – who called themselves the wolf pack on a Whatsapp group – sexually assaulted an 18-year-old girl at the running of the bulls festival in Pamplona.
Few details on the new alleged attack have been released but local media reported that one of the suspects had recorded the attack on his phone.
The group are still being held in Maspalomas.
Mayor of San Bartolomé de Tirajana where the incident took place, Marco Aurelio Pérez, described the assault as ‘a totally intolerable, mean, vile’ act, and said it risked ‘dangerously awakening social anger’.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40