A HIRED assassin has attempted to murder two senior drug cartel members outside one of the Costa del Sol’s most popular luxury nightclubs, it can be revealed.
A Dutch man and his Belgian associate were shot at as they got into their car following a night of partying at Olivia Valere nightclub, in Marbella.
The Olive Press can reveal the victims were alleged top dogs in organised crime in Europe.
One victim, known as B.A, is a high level player from Antwerp and the other, referred to as M.H, was visiting from Rotterdam.
According to a well-placed source in Belgium, B.A is a ‘high level player’ in the import of cocaine into Europe, while M.H is described as ‘a big deal in Rotterdam’.
According to Spanish police, a hired assassin had been waiting for the pair in the shadows of the car park next to the club on August 4.
As soon as they got into their car, they both received shots to the shoulder and chest.
Police believe the attack was a settling of scores and that the intention was to kill them, given that they were shot in the upper body.
They were taken to hospital but their injuries were not serious and they avoided surgery.
Detectives from UDYCO, the National Police crack Drugs and Organized Crime unit, has taken over the investigation.
They do not believe the shooting is linked to two other shootings this month in Mijas and Estepona.
This year has seen a spate of drug-related assassinations as the import of narcotics via the Costa del Sol and Cadiz continues to soar.
One man was murdered in front of his family by suspected Colombians outside a church in San Pedro earlier this year..
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23