A HIRED assassin has attempted to murder two senior drug cartel members outside one of the Costa del Sol’s most popular luxury nightclubs, it can be revealed.
A Dutch man and his Belgian associate were shot at as they got into their car following a night of partying at Olivia Valere nightclub, in Marbella.
The Olive Press can reveal the victims were alleged top dogs in organised crime in Europe.
One victim, known as B.A, is a high level player from Antwerp and the other, referred to as M.H, was visiting from Rotterdam.
According to a well-placed source in Belgium, B.A is a ‘high level player’ in the import of cocaine into Europe, while M.H is described as ‘a big deal in Rotterdam’.
According to Spanish police, a hired assassin had been waiting for the pair in the shadows of the car park next to the club on August 4.
As soon as they got into their car, they both received shots to the shoulder and chest.
Police believe the attack was a settling of scores and that the intention was to kill them, given that they were shot in the upper body.
They were taken to hospital but their injuries were not serious and they avoided surgery.
Detectives from UDYCO, the National Police crack Drugs and Organized Crime unit, has taken over the investigation.
They do not believe the shooting is linked to two other shootings this month in Mijas and Estepona.
This year has seen a spate of drug-related assassinations as the import of narcotics via the Costa del Sol and Cadiz continues to soar.
One man was murdered in front of his family by suspected Colombians outside a church in San Pedro earlier this year..
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45