AN expat mum has been arrested after forcing her child to marry a man in Morocco.
The 31-year-old Moroccan was arrested on August 18 after taking her daughter, 16, to the north African country, where she forced her to marry a 28-year-old man.
The sick mum was rumbled after the minor went to the Policia Nacional station in Estepona – where the family lives – and reported how her parents forced her to marry the stranger in the town of Kenitra.
It is understood her parents had reached an ‘economic agreement’ with the man and even bribed a local authority to allow the wedding to take place.
When the child tried to resist the nuptials, her parents threatened to leave her in Morocco and forbid her from continuing with her studies in Estepona.
The mother has been arrested for alleged coercion and ‘crimes against family rights and duties.’
She has been released on bail.
The teenager is with child protection services.
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38