A BIG beach clean up is taking place this weekend in Marbella.
Hundreds of green, like-minded people are set to join in on the effort at Cabopino Beach in Marbella this Saturday from 9.30 till 11am.
With the aim to collect up to 150kgs of plastic, this forms part of an ongoing initiative by the Plastic Free Seas Community to help keep Spanish beaches clean.
Millions of volunteers around the world will be taking part in similar events to mark World Clean Up Day, in a bid to fight the increasing problem of plastic littering.
We all enjoy a clean beach, so why not take a few bags along and join in on this global eco movement.
Visit the Facebook page by clicking here for more info.
- An Ayurvedic detox diet can help you bounce back from winter bingeing, writes Andalucia-based chef Manna Teji - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:00
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58