A BIG beach clean up is taking place this weekend in Marbella.
Hundreds of green, like-minded people are set to join in on the effort at Cabopino Beach in Marbella this Saturday from 9.30 till 11am.
With the aim to collect up to 150kgs of plastic, this forms part of an ongoing initiative by the Plastic Free Seas Community to help keep Spanish beaches clean.
Millions of volunteers around the world will be taking part in similar events to mark World Clean Up Day, in a bid to fight the increasing problem of plastic littering.
We all enjoy a clean beach, so why not take a few bags along and join in on this global eco movement.
Visit the Facebook page by clicking here for more info.
- Read our latest newspapers: Andalucia, Mallorca, Costa Blanca & Gibraltar - 26 May, 2019 @ 09:35
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00