HEAVY rains have caused devastating damage in the small village of RioFrio Granada in the Loja district of Andalucia.
Famous for it’s fish farms and trout fishing, the local Frio River and the Salado River have overflowed in a 15 minute downpour flash flood, dragging numerous vehicles and trees along its path.
The most affected area was the RioFrio square in which many of the restaurants are located.
It has left many homes flooded and caused serious damage to the town’s Roman bridge.
Members of the Civil Protection and Local Police have worked together with firemen and personnel of the City Council of Loja to try and ensure safety for the locals.
The local major of Loja has announced he will hold a meeting on Monday for all the affected to attend.
If you have any further information, images or videos please email [email protected]
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38