HEAVY rains have caused devastating damage in the small village of RioFrio Granada in the Loja district of Andalucia.
Famous for it’s fish farms and trout fishing, the local Frio River and the Salado River have overflowed in a 15 minute downpour flash flood, dragging numerous vehicles and trees along its path.
The most affected area was the RioFrio square in which many of the restaurants are located.
It has left many homes flooded and caused serious damage to the town’s Roman bridge.
Members of the Civil Protection and Local Police have worked together with firemen and personnel of the City Council of Loja to try and ensure safety for the locals.
The local major of Loja has announced he will hold a meeting on Monday for all the affected to attend.
If you have any further information, images or videos please email [email protected]
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16