HEAVY rains have caused devastating damage in the small village of RioFrio Granada in the Loja district of Andalucia.
Famous for it’s fish farms and trout fishing, the local Frio River and the Salado River have overflowed in a 15 minute downpour flash flood, dragging numerous vehicles and trees along its path.
The most affected area was the RioFrio square in which many of the restaurants are located.
It has left many homes flooded and caused serious damage to the town’s Roman bridge.
Members of the Civil Protection and Local Police have worked together with firemen and personnel of the City Council of Loja to try and ensure safety for the locals.
The local major of Loja has announced he will hold a meeting on Monday for all the affected to attend.
If you have any further information, images or videos please email [email protected]
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05