A MALAGA town has set a national record for the highest amount of rainfall in 12 hours.
Alpandeire, in the Serrania de Ronda, saw 399.4 litres of rainfall per square metre from midnight on Saturday until 12pm Sunday.
Bobadilla saw the second-highest amount with 247.6, followed by Ronda with 220.4.
The measuring equipment used by AEMET is so precise it was able to decipher how much fell every hour.
At one point, between 8.30 and 9.30am, Alpandeire received a whopping 118.6 litres per metre squared.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38