THIS is the moment a comet fragment turned into a fireball over Andalucia.
A piece of the Encke comet entered Earth’s atmosphere at more than 100,000km/hr.
According to the Astrohita Foundation, the fireball was visible from 400km away and was detected by observatories in Granada and Sevilla.
The fragment extinguished around 63 kilometers above the municipality of Pueblo Blanco in Almeria.
Astrohita said ‘the luminosity was so unusually high that nighttime in the southeast of Spain turned into day for an instant.’
- Everything you need to know about Spain’s general election on Sunday April 28 - 26 Apr, 2019 @ 13:47
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54