A PASSENGER has been killed after a train derailed in Spain this morning.
Some 41 others were injured when a Rodalies train on the R4 line in Manresa-Sant Vicenc de Calders, Barcelona, derailed at around 6.15am.
Around 14 firefighters, 11 ambulances and police rushed to the scene to attend to the injured and evacuate the other passengers.
Only three of the injured have been transferred to the Mutua Terrassa hospital.
Some 150 people were travelling on the train when a landslide took out the last two carriages between Can Serra and Polygon Can Torrella.
Train company Rodalies tweeted that the derailment occurred at 06.15 am due to a landslide which was caused by the recent heavy rains.
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38