THE Olive Press is rapidly zooming up the rankings.
Our unique, original and in-depth reporting of life and news in Spain has sent us into the stratosphere.
After a month where we had nearly 1 million hits and over 600,000 visitors, we have shot into the top 10,000 most popular websites in Spain.
According to Amazon’s Alexa.com, the site is ranked at an incredible 9,079th place out of more than 2 million websites in Spain.
Alexa, which ranks the most visited websites globally by analysing traffic statistics, also puts us clearly above all other online media publications online in English.
We have leapfrogged all our rivals such as Euro Weekly News (12,098), The Local (12,205) and Sur in English (24,857).
And we’re not just talking about news websites, but every single website that exists – social media, search engines, businesses – you name it, Alexa has ranked it.
What’s more, we have been ranked number 212,874 globally – an impressive feat given there are over 1 billion websites in the world.
Just two years ago the Olive Press print edition was voted best expat newspaper in Spain and second best in the world, after a worldwide poll of 27,000 expats by The Expat Survey Consumer Awards (TESCA).
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47