A BODY has been found in the search for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged just two days before catching his flight home.
Nixon, 23, originally from Stourbridge, had called his parents to tell them his passport had been stolen before he flew from Malaga to Madrid.
Dave Smith, 52 and Diane, 50, reported their son missing when he failed to catch the flight back to Birmingham on November 19.
The British Consulate in Malaga issued the young traveller with an emergency passport, but Nixon vanished while waiting in Madrid’s airport.
The Geography graduate was last seen at 22:32pm on November 19, the time he was due to catch his flight.
“I’m worried sick about him as he’s in a very vulnerable state with no money, no phone and only the clothes on his back,” Nixon’s mum Diane had previously said.
West Mercia Police confirmed yesterday that a body had been found and said the family had been told.
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48