A BODY has been found in the search for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged just two days before catching his flight home.
Nixon, 23, originally from Stourbridge, had called his parents to tell them his passport had been stolen before he flew from Malaga to Madrid.
Dave Smith, 52 and Diane, 50, reported their son missing when he failed to catch the flight back to Birmingham on November 19.
The British Consulate in Malaga issued the young traveller with an emergency passport, but Nixon vanished while waiting in Madrid’s airport.
The Geography graduate was last seen at 22:32pm on November 19, the time he was due to catch his flight.
“I’m worried sick about him as he’s in a very vulnerable state with no money, no phone and only the clothes on his back,” Nixon’s mum Diane had previously said.
West Mercia Police confirmed yesterday that a body had been found and said the family had been told.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40