A BODY has been found in the search for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged just two days before catching his flight home.
Nixon, 23, originally from Stourbridge, had called his parents to tell them his passport had been stolen before he flew from Malaga to Madrid.
Dave Smith, 52 and Diane, 50, reported their son missing when he failed to catch the flight back to Birmingham on November 19.
The British Consulate in Malaga issued the young traveller with an emergency passport, but Nixon vanished while waiting in Madrid’s airport.
The Geography graduate was last seen at 22:32pm on November 19, the time he was due to catch his flight.
“I’m worried sick about him as he’s in a very vulnerable state with no money, no phone and only the clothes on his back,” Nixon’s mum Diane had previously said.
West Mercia Police confirmed yesterday that a body had been found and said the family had been told.
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48