First in Australia and more recently in Spain their company Riosport has been ahead of the game in terms of quality of equipment and expertise.
Set up originally by Alfonso and wife Joan in the Sierra Nevada in 1988, the business is now run by son Philip, 41, while brother Alexander is regularly found on the slopes too.
Based out of two locations, both just yards from the main ski-lifts, they have cleverly cornered the expat and foreign market that makes up around 20% of the resort’s clientele.
“Around 70% of our clients are foreign and probably about half of those British and Irish,” explains Philip, who loves his job, particularly as he gets to ski almost every lunchtime.
“I put our success with expats down to giving good service and offering good quality products,” he continues.
“We were also the first expat business here, now open for 30 years, so that counts for a lot,” he adds.
The company, which has around 20 staff, including teachers, particularly specialises in the quality of its boots.
Custom-fitted for the most tricky customers, they almost guarantee not to give you pain. “They are perfect for any foot,” he explains.
A huge expensive refit of the main shop has made it one of the most modern-looking in the resort.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23