First in Australia and more recently in Spain their company Riosport has been ahead of the game in terms of quality of equipment and expertise.
Set up originally by Alfonso and wife Joan in the Sierra Nevada in 1988, the business is now run by son Philip, 41, while brother Alexander is regularly found on the slopes too.
Based out of two locations, both just yards from the main ski-lifts, they have cleverly cornered the expat and foreign market that makes up around 20% of the resort’s clientele.
“Around 70% of our clients are foreign and probably about half of those British and Irish,” explains Philip, who loves his job, particularly as he gets to ski almost every lunchtime.
“I put our success with expats down to giving good service and offering good quality products,” he continues.
“We were also the first expat business here, now open for 30 years, so that counts for a lot,” he adds.
The company, which has around 20 staff, including teachers, particularly specialises in the quality of its boots.
Custom-fitted for the most tricky customers, they almost guarantee not to give you pain. “They are perfect for any foot,” he explains.
A huge expensive refit of the main shop has made it one of the most modern-looking in the resort.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25