A BRITISH boy has died on New Year’s Day in Spain after being struck by a car.
The 14-year-old was tragically hit on a road between Ibiza and Portinax on Spain’s popular white isle.
The boy died in the 10.30pm crash last night, just a day after celebrating his 14th birthday.
He is believed to have been carrying suitcases and was in the middle of the road with no reflective clothing on when he was hit by a Ford Fiesta.
The family who hit him are said to be receiving counselling after suffering from trauma.
A Guardia Civil spokesman said: “The driver wasn’t at fault in any way and no action will be taken against him.
“The youngster who died was in the middle of the road at the time and was wearing dark clothing with no reflective jacket.
“The driver wasn’t able to do anything to avoid him. He tested negative for drink and drugs.”
It is not known if the young boy is an expat or if he was on holiday.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14