A BRITISH boy has died on New Year’s Day in Spain after being struck by a car.
The 14-year-old was tragically hit on a road between Ibiza and Portinax on Spain’s popular white isle.
The boy died in the 10.30pm crash last night, just a day after celebrating his 14th birthday.
He is believed to have been carrying suitcases and was in the middle of the road with no reflective clothing on when he was hit by a Ford Fiesta.
The family who hit him are said to be receiving counselling after suffering from trauma.
A Guardia Civil spokesman said: “The driver wasn’t at fault in any way and no action will be taken against him.
“The youngster who died was in the middle of the road at the time and was wearing dark clothing with no reflective jacket.
“The driver wasn’t able to do anything to avoid him. He tested negative for drink and drugs.”
It is not known if the young boy is an expat or if he was on holiday.
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38