A BRITISH boy has died on New Year’s Day in Spain after being struck by a car.
The 14-year-old was tragically hit on a road between Ibiza and Portinax on Spain’s popular white isle.
The boy died in the 10.30pm crash last night, just a day after celebrating his 14th birthday.
He is believed to have been carrying suitcases and was in the middle of the road with no reflective clothing on when he was hit by a Ford Fiesta.
The family who hit him are said to be receiving counselling after suffering from trauma.
A Guardia Civil spokesman said: “The driver wasn’t at fault in any way and no action will be taken against him.
“The youngster who died was in the middle of the road at the time and was wearing dark clothing with no reflective jacket.
“The driver wasn’t able to do anything to avoid him. He tested negative for drink and drugs.”
It is not known if the young boy is an expat or if he was on holiday.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29