A BRITISH expat is desperately searching for her German Shepherd Murph after he was ambushed by a pack of strays over Christmas.
Hayley Coulby left Murph with a sitter in Coin, but on December 29 whilst out on a walk, a group of street dogs attacked and in the confusion he got lost.
On hearing the awful news she immediately flew back from the UK and has been searching for her missing pooch in Villafranco every day since December 30 from 6:00am to 8:00pm every day.
She has now organised a ‘Get Murph Home’ search on Sunday (tomorrow) at 10:00am and has told the public that Murph responds well to calls of his name and whistling.
The search offers a €1000 reward and sets off from the BP garage at Rio Grande near to where Murph went missing.
The Estepona resident has also been putting up posters, talking to people, making videos, phoning rescue centres and promoting the search on social media.
Hayley’s four-year-old daughter and other dog Misty are all heartbroken at the loss of their four-legged friend.
The family think Murph will be searching for them in places where there is people and food close to the area he went missing.
But the family think it is equally likely that their vanished doggy will be trying to find his way back to Estepona.
Hayley has had support from up and down the Costa del Sol so far, but so far it has yielded no results.
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08