Geplaatst door Marbella Arena op Donderdag 31 januari 2019
A GLOBAL events company has promised to bring a host of national and international artists to the Costa del Sol’s newest venue.
The Marbella Arena, completed last year, is in for an event-packed year after the TeatroGoya group announced its partnership with Sunset Events today.
Created by Miguel Angel Camacho, the company has organised more than 5,000 concerts around the world and previously brought the likes of Stevie Wonder, Joe Cocker and Van Morrison to Marbella.
The new Marbella Arena – a converted bullring – promises to bring a ‘varied list of national and international artists aimed at all audiences, as well as cultural, sporting and corporate events’ throughout the year.
Situated on the outskirts of Puerto Banus, the venue has capacity for 5,000 people and is the largest multiple-purpose leisure venue on the Costa del Sol, featuring a string of restaurants, bars and shops.
The Marbella Arena was previously the Nueva Andalucia bullring.
It came into disrepair following its last bullfight in the late 1990s.
It was built in 1965 and while it was used to host the Davis Cup in 2009, its use fell into question in recent years.
It was taken on by the Grupo Teatro Goya which vowed to turn it into one of the best concert venues in Andalucia.
It now has a concert venue capable of holding 5,000 people and comes with a roof for the rare rainy days.
There are also tens of shops and restaurants at the site.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22