Geplaatst door Marbella Arena op Donderdag 31 januari 2019
A GLOBAL events company has promised to bring a host of national and international artists to the Costa del Sol’s newest venue.
The Marbella Arena, completed last year, is in for an event-packed year after the TeatroGoya group announced its partnership with Sunset Events today.
Created by Miguel Angel Camacho, the company has organised more than 5,000 concerts around the world and previously brought the likes of Stevie Wonder, Joe Cocker and Van Morrison to Marbella.
The new Marbella Arena – a converted bullring – promises to bring a ‘varied list of national and international artists aimed at all audiences, as well as cultural, sporting and corporate events’ throughout the year.
Situated on the outskirts of Puerto Banus, the venue has capacity for 5,000 people and is the largest multiple-purpose leisure venue on the Costa del Sol, featuring a string of restaurants, bars and shops.
The Marbella Arena was previously the Nueva Andalucia bullring.
It came into disrepair following its last bullfight in the late 1990s.
It was built in 1965 and while it was used to host the Davis Cup in 2009, its use fell into question in recent years.
It was taken on by the Grupo Teatro Goya which vowed to turn it into one of the best concert venues in Andalucia.
It now has a concert venue capable of holding 5,000 people and comes with a roof for the rare rainy days.
There are also tens of shops and restaurants at the site.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59