A BRITISH family are appealing for help after the much-loved father ‘dropped dead’ at just 39-years-old at the weekend.
Matt Bennett, a specialist car mechanic, collapsed on Saturday from suspected heart failure at the family home in Mijas Costa and did not recover.
The expat, who moved to Spain 15 years ago, leaves behind his fiance Sharon and three children, aged two, three and 18.
The couple had been together for 10 years and were engaged for the past two.
A close family friend told the Olive Press: “Sharon is living anyone’s worst nightmare – her fiancé suddenly died on Saturday morning leaving her widowed to two young children.
“She has no real family even in the UK, aside from a brother with no financial support.”
A GoFundMe has now been setup to help Sharon and her children survive for the next few months.
The friend added: “We are just hoping to raise as much as possible to provide Sharon and her children a small amount of financial security at this difficult time.”
The appeal describes Matt as having a ‘big smile and an even bigger heart’.
It reads: “Please can anyone help raise money for our beautiful friend Sharon Mcgrain who recently lost the love of her life and father to their 2 gorgeous children, Matt Bennett.
“A wonderful, kind man and incredible father, Matt suddenly and tragically passed away on Saturday morning, completely unexpectedly he collapsed with suspected heart issues and sadly could not be revived.
“A proud dad to Charlie, 3, Holly, 2 and Josh, 18, Matt leaves behind his 3 gorgeous children as well as loving friends and family and of course his devastated fiancé, Sharon.
“A loving father, loyal friend, and hard working professional, we will always remember Matt’s sense of humour, big smile and an even bigger heart. He will be hugely missed by all.
“We are raising money to help with financial issues for Sharon: there are going to be expensive funeral costs and the ongoing expenses and living costs of his dear children.
“Matt lived with Sharon and their 2 children in Spain, away from any family support in the uk. The children are settled into schools here but of course the future is now uncertain. Josh currently lives in the uk.
“A whole family’s lives have been turned upside down and will never be the same.
“Please, please, PLEASE help if you can. Anything at all will make a huge difference at this tragic time.”
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45