A BRITISH family are appealing for help after the much-loved father ‘dropped dead’ at just 39-years-old at the weekend.
Matt Bennett, a specialist car mechanic, collapsed on Saturday from suspected heart failure at the family home in Mijas Costa and did not recover.
The expat, who moved to Spain 15 years ago, leaves behind his fiance Sharon and three children, aged two, three and 18.
The couple had been together for 10 years and were engaged for the past two.
A close family friend told the Olive Press: “Sharon is living anyone’s worst nightmare – her fiancé suddenly died on Saturday morning leaving her widowed to two young children.
“She has no real family even in the UK, aside from a brother with no financial support.”
A GoFundMe has now been setup to help Sharon and her children survive for the next few months.
The friend added: “We are just hoping to raise as much as possible to provide Sharon and her children a small amount of financial security at this difficult time.”
The appeal describes Matt as having a ‘big smile and an even bigger heart’.
It reads: “Please can anyone help raise money for our beautiful friend Sharon Mcgrain who recently lost the love of her life and father to their 2 gorgeous children, Matt Bennett.
“A wonderful, kind man and incredible father, Matt suddenly and tragically passed away on Saturday morning, completely unexpectedly he collapsed with suspected heart issues and sadly could not be revived.
“A proud dad to Charlie, 3, Holly, 2 and Josh, 18, Matt leaves behind his 3 gorgeous children as well as loving friends and family and of course his devastated fiancé, Sharon.
“A loving father, loyal friend, and hard working professional, we will always remember Matt’s sense of humour, big smile and an even bigger heart. He will be hugely missed by all.
“We are raising money to help with financial issues for Sharon: there are going to be expensive funeral costs and the ongoing expenses and living costs of his dear children.
“Matt lived with Sharon and their 2 children in Spain, away from any family support in the uk. The children are settled into schools here but of course the future is now uncertain. Josh currently lives in the uk.
“A whole family’s lives have been turned upside down and will never be the same.
“Please, please, PLEASE help if you can. Anything at all will make a huge difference at this tragic time.”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31