A MOROCCAN woman, 20, has been arrested in Malaga after she tried to throw her daughter, three, from their 10th floor apartment window.
The incident happened at 2:05am on Sunday in the Los Corazones neighbourhood of the city, near the provincial police station.
The unidentified mother was held on suspicion of attempted murder and assaulting a police officer.
After neighbours heard screaming, police arrived at the flat, where the ‘dishevelled’ mother greeted them, carrying her naked daughter.
As police began interviewing the woman she became agitated and tried to throw the girl out of the window.
The mother also tried to suffocate her daughter, but officers managed to step in to free the girl.
Following her arrest, the woman was transferred to Malaga’s Civil Hospital for tests.
Her daughter is now being looked after by her grandmother.
Police said the house was littered with feces and rubbish, and they found a dog locked in a cage with its own feces.
- Dead body of ‘clothed’ middle-aged man found on beach in southern Spain - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 20:15
- Pedro Sanchez leads tributes to 14-year-old killed in motorcycle race in Spain’s Andalucia - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 11:25
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43