THE Prodigy vocalist and dancer Keith Flint died this morning at his home in Essex, United Kingdom.
The tragic news of Flint’s passing at just 49 years of age has hit Spain’s music festival hard, where the British electronic music veterans have headlined 26 festivals since their first album was released in 1992.
Bandmate Liam Howlett posted on the group’s Instagram account today that Flint took his own life.
The Prodigy were much loved in Spain, where the album The Fat of the Land was no. 1 on the Spanish charts for a week in June, 1997.
Following the tragic reports of the iconic singer’s death, tributes have been pouring in from Spanish music festivals that bore witness to The Prodigy’s legendary live sets.
The Prodigy were due to headline the Doctor Music Festival in July this year.
Were you there? The 26 Spanish festivals headlined by The Prodigy
- Live Dance Festival 1995
- Festimad 1997, 2005
- Benidorm Festival 2005
- Santander Summer festival 2006
- Monegros Desert Festival 2006, 2012
- Creamfields Andalucia 2007, 2011
- Bilbao BBK Live 2008, 2014
- SOS 4.8 Festival 2009, 2014
- Benicassim 2010, 2015
- Ibiza Rocks 2010
- Dreambeach 2013
- Mad Cool Festival 2016
- Alrumbo Festival 2016
- Weekend Beach Festival 2017
- Cruilla Barcelona 2017
- Negua 2017
- BIME Live! 2017
- Extremusika 2018
- Mallorca Live Festival 2018
- 4ever Valencia 2018
- Tsunami Xixon 2018
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51