NEIGHBOURS have accused a British expat, accused of murdering his Spanish wife, of listening in on their calls.
Geoffrey Elton, 55, allegedly murdered his Spanish wife of 30 years Gloria Tornay Naranjo, 58, at their home in Estepona on Saturday.
But neighbours of the couple have now claimed that Elton was a security-obsessed recluse who was glued to his computer screen.
One local even told local newspaper Sur that they would no longer speak to him after they realised he had been bugging their calls.
He is also reported to have installed CCTV at the Forest Hills urbanization he shared with Gloria.
The Spaniard died after she was stabbed 12 times in her back and chest on Saturday at around 11:45pm.
Elton is accused of killing Gloria, before slitting his wrists and trying to kill himself, while the pair’s 15-year-old son was locked in the garden.
Elton also apparently threw all the phones in the house into the garden and locking the door, so that the boy could not call emergency services.
Another neighbour told the Olive Press: “Gloria was my best friend. I could confide in her about everything. She was honest, kind, hard-working.
“When my daughter told me today I just wailed ‘this can’t be true’, ‘this can’t be true’.”
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44