THE price of new property on the Costa del Sol has soared to upwards of €6,000 per square metre as demanding buyers drive up quality.
Clients are now mostly wealthy foreigners who want a place for personal use rather than investment, according to real estate consultants CB Richard Ellis (CBRE).
The CBRE study revealed new build properties are now of a higher quality with better design and communal services.
“Before the crisis properties were built without thinking of the client’s needs or quality because everything sold,” said CBRE valuation director Andres Moreno.
“Now a lot more care is being taken; everything is designed with the end buyer in mind; it’s no longer a case of ‘anything goes’.”
The most expensive properties are found in Nueva Andalucia, in Marbella, and Benahavis, which weigh in at €6,000 per square metre.
Meanwhile, developments for sale in Torremolinos and Fuengirola go for prices above €4,000 per square metre.
The report reveals the areas with the greatest property sales growth are Benahavis and Manilva, at around 40%.
Growth in new home sales has grown in almost every Spanish region each month for the last two years, according to separate research by Lucas Fox.
The average property prices in Madrid in comparison ended the year on €3,846 per square metre
In the capital’s most sought-after districts of Chamartin, Chamberi and Salamanca housing went for €5,016 per square metre to €6,043 per square metre.
Property prices are also on the up in Barcelona where a flat in the desirable district of Gracia goes for €4,346 per square metre.
- Spain’s costas are still attracting wealthy overseas buyers as the second home market grows - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 16:18
- After Dani Garcia’s shocking decision to close his three Michelin-starred restaurant, he now reveals the ‘farewell menu’ inspired by his mum - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Police in Spain catch drug ‘home delivery’ biker gang - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- Zara launches new customisable denim fashion line in Spain - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 12:07
- Historic Malaga villa owned by ‘Schindler of the Civil War’ demolished - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- Police arrest five ‘drug traffickers’ after young man kidnapped and murdered on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- New property on the Costa soars to upwards of €6,000 per square metre - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- British expat in Spain who ‘asked friend’ to cut off his penis seemed ‘normal’ hours before but ‘struggled with gender’ - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:01
- UK MPs join battle to get millions back for British expats who lost out to rogue FX firm based in Mallorca - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:57
- Police in Spain help man with AMPUTATED PENIS in bizarre self-harm case - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:15