BRITISH expats and locals have woken up to a series of graffiti scribblings dubbing their urbanisation ‘The Drug Hills’ this morning.
At least three walls of the La Cala Hills urbanisation, in Mijas, have had the words ‘La Droga Hills’ spray painted on them overnight.
One of the tags was outside a kids’ park.
British expat Bridget Smith told the Olive Press: “I have children that live on here so I am concerned and especially with it being written on the kids park, it’s alarming… an absolute disgrace.”
It comes just a few days after an international drug smuggling ring operating between Morocco, Mijas and France was busted.
The network, made up of French nationals, transported cocaine and hashish from Morocco and Algeria to Malaga before stashing the drugs in hidden compartments on vehicles.
Ten were arrested after Guardia Civil and French Judicial Police seized 46 kilos of cocaine and 500 kilos of hashish in a joint operation.
The arrests were carried out in Arenas, Mijas and on the outskirts of Paris.
The drugs were hidden in double bottoms of vehicles which were accessed via the number plates.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26