BRITISH expats and locals have woken up to a series of graffiti scribblings dubbing their urbanisation ‘The Drug Hills’ this morning.
At least three walls of the La Cala Hills urbanisation, in Mijas, have had the words ‘La Droga Hills’ spray painted on them overnight.
One of the tags was outside a kids’ park.
British expat Bridget Smith told the Olive Press: “I have children that live on here so I am concerned and especially with it being written on the kids park, it’s alarming… an absolute disgrace.”
It comes just a few days after an international drug smuggling ring operating between Morocco, Mijas and France was busted.
The network, made up of French nationals, transported cocaine and hashish from Morocco and Algeria to Malaga before stashing the drugs in hidden compartments on vehicles.
Ten were arrested after Guardia Civil and French Judicial Police seized 46 kilos of cocaine and 500 kilos of hashish in a joint operation.
The arrests were carried out in Arenas, Mijas and on the outskirts of Paris.
The drugs were hidden in double bottoms of vehicles which were accessed via the number plates.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49