A BRITISH family has revealed the daily health complications of their six-year-old boy after an arcade machine fell on him and paralysed his face during a holiday to Spain.
A six foot darts machine at the Aparthotel Costa Encantada fell on Oscar Donnelly, pinning him to the ground and resulting in a fractured skull and a punctured lung.
The boy’s parents, Luke Donnelly, 30, and Samantha Matthews, 29, from Cardiff have now sued the hotel, in Lloret de Mar, where they were staying.
Their son also developed diabetes insipidus following the accident, a rare disorder, which means the body produces too much urine and can leave sufferers feeling thirsty.
Oscar was also left permanently deaf in one ear and has to take eye drops, because his eyelid has to be taped shut at night.
His father Luke, a welder said: “Before he was a confident and bubbly little boy, but now he gets easily frustrated, tired, confused.”
One of Oscar’s two older brothers saw the shocking incident take place during the family’s 10-day holiday back in September.
His parents then found him covered in blood, before doctors tried to save his life and put him into an induced coma.
Luke added: “He never used to be aggressive at all but now he can become quite angry and lashes out.
It is a constant reminder of what has happened to him.”
The family’s lawyer, Yasmina Villa-Lopez said: “This is an extreme example of a family being severely let down by the people that have a duty of care to deliver a safe environment for them and their children.”
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05
- Financial specialist Blacktower is continuing to make inroads in Spain, offering excellent advice to expats of all nationalities - 15 May, 2019 @ 13:13