A BRITISH baby boy has died suddenly at a Spanish airport before his family were due to catch their flight home.
Five-month-old Ernie Allen-Bryan was the only child of parents Sam and Lee, from Aldridge, who he was with when he suddenly stopped breathing.
His family, who are all Aston Villa fans, have asked the club if they will hold a minute’s applause for Ernie during the Blackburn match on March 30.
“Ernie was such a happy boy, he was always smiling,” said Sam’s brother and Ernie’s uncle, Nick, who lives in Walsall.
“It’s senseless, we’re all pretty powerless in these circumstances, you can’t really find any answers.”
The tot, who already had some of his first teeth, had also gone on holiday with Nick, and his dad John, Ernie’s grandad, with the group due to return on March 5.
The funeral for Ernie will now be held on March 25 at Aldridge Parish and Streetly Crematorium.
Nick added: “We’d all had a fantastic holiday then this unfolded from absolutely nowhere.
“We’ve been putting the order of service together and made the centre a collage of photos.
“All Ernie did was smile, he never seemed to shed a tear.
“I think we’re going to need a cathedral on Monday for his service rather than a church because so many people are coming.
“No one knows why it happened.”
The Sun reported that the family are now having a collection for the Donkey Sanctuary in Sutton Park, where Ernie, whose favourite song is ‘Little Donkey’, spent some time.
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05
- Financial specialist Blacktower is continuing to make inroads in Spain, offering excellent advice to expats of all nationalities - 15 May, 2019 @ 13:13