WINDS of over 70km/h are set to batter parts of the Costa del Sol this weekend.
Saturday is likely to be the windiest day, as gusts may reach up to 72 km/h in Manilva.
Further up the coast Fuengirola is predicted gusts of up to 65 km/h on Saturday night, while Torremolinos could see 63 km/h winds.
The weather will be mostly dry and sunny, with a few clouds, while Fuengirola is expected to see some light showers on Friday and Saturday.
The highest temperatures along the coast will likely be in Malaga, the city potentially reaching highs of 19° on Saturday.
The gusts are from the east and are part of the ‘Levanter winds’, particularly affecting this part of the Mediterranean and Gibraltar.
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05
- Financial specialist Blacktower is continuing to make inroads in Spain, offering excellent advice to expats of all nationalities - 15 May, 2019 @ 13:13