WINDS of over 70km/h are set to batter parts of the Costa del Sol this weekend.
Saturday is likely to be the windiest day, as gusts may reach up to 72 km/h in Manilva.
Further up the coast Fuengirola is predicted gusts of up to 65 km/h on Saturday night, while Torremolinos could see 63 km/h winds.
The weather will be mostly dry and sunny, with a few clouds, while Fuengirola is expected to see some light showers on Friday and Saturday.
The highest temperatures along the coast will likely be in Malaga, the city potentially reaching highs of 19° on Saturday.
The gusts are from the east and are part of the ‘Levanter winds’, particularly affecting this part of the Mediterranean and Gibraltar.
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08
- Open date REVEALED for ‘deliberately torched’ Marbella chiringuito originally opened by Eva Longoria - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:28
- REVEALED: 10 new UK to Spain flights run by airline Alba Star announced - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:40
- Rick Astley joins Enrique Iglesias, Take That, Mel C and Liam Gallagher at Gibraltar Calling festival THIS SUMMER - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00