RIDE-hailing firm Uber has launched its first electric scooter service in Spain.
The scheme, called Jump, allows users to scoot around for as little as €0.12.
Piloted in Madrid, it is the first time Jump will be available in any European city.
A total of 566 electric scooters are set to be installed across the capital.
Coverage includes 17 of Madrid’s 21 districts, including the Centro zone.
To rent with Jump, users need to download or update the Uber app, if they already have it.
Riders then have the option to unlock and hire a scooter immediately or reserve one.
Unlocking costs €1, and the charge is then €0.12 per minute, but with the first 10 minutes free for the first month.
It comes after the death of a 90-year-old woman in Barcelona, which became Spain’s first electric scooter fatality.
Despite this however, Madrid City Hall granted licenses for 8,600 of the vehicles, to 18 of the 25 firms to request them.
Jump requests that riders wear a helmet, use indicators, park correctly and do not drive on pavements.
The scooters are restricted to paths, bicycle lanes and inner city roads where the speed limit is 30km/h.
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15