THE West End theatre company behind Fame and Little Shop of Horrors has revealed it is moving operations to Spain in order to escape Brexit.
The group, which is currently working on Dolly Parton musical 9 to 5 cited ‘Brexit fears’ as a reason behind the move.
“I would be lying if I didn’t say that Brexit contingency plans haven’t factored into strategic thoughts regarding a mainland Europe hub,” said executive director David Hutchinson.
Selladoor hope to use their European address to focus more on Spanish-language productions, including in South America.
The new work space is set to open in January 2020, at the same time Selladoor’s musical Flashdance hits the stage in the Spanish capital.
The company, founded in 2008 and based in Greenwich, also has offices in New York, Shanghai and Bangkok.
Selladoor Worldwide’s back catalogue also includes: Jersey Boys, Of Mice And Men, Footloose and James and the Giant Peach.
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15