AN ENTIRE British football team has been hauled off a plane at Alicante Airport by Guardia Civil for being ‘drunk and disruptive.’
Passengers cheered and applauded when the amateur side was removed after they acted aggressively on board and ignored requests from the flight crew.
Neither the players or the team have been named but it has been reported they flew to Alicante from Bristol.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “When the plane arrived officers from the Airport Security Section had to remove the 25 members of an amateur British football team.
“During the flight they had displayed an aggressive attitude, causing public order problems and bothering other passengers and ignoring requests by the flight crew to calm down.”
Although none of the men have been formally arrested they are expected to be hit with large fines.
The spokesperson said: “Most of them also clearly appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.”
- Former US Marine arrested after North Korean embassy attacked in Spain - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 14:39
- Political leaders set for TV debate ahead of Spain’s election - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:57
- WATCH: Spanish Legion on the march as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil near Ronda - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:59
- IN PICS: Clouds clear as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil de las Bodegas - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:41
- PICTURED: Female squaddie accused of ‘glassing’ army pal in the throat at Magaluf club - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 13:13
- Rival footie fans launch ‘Benidorm or Bust’ charity race to Spain in aid of teenage cancer battle - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:25
- Expat sprayed with ‘devil’s breath’ date rape drug on Spanish island and forced to empty bank account - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 11:11
- Easter travel chaos in Spain avoided after pilot strike called off - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Spain pledges support for Paris in wake of Notre Dame inferno - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 11:57
- FLIGHT CHAOS: Travel strikes across Spain mean HUNDREDS of flights cancelled over Easter - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06