RESIDENTS in Andalucia are set to pay less income tax under new Junta laws.
Despite claims that a drop will impact social services, leader Juan Manuel Moreno will introduce the ‘fiscal revolution’ this year.
As part of a three year plan, the Junta aims to lessen the tax burden on both the lowest and highest earners.
“It is a massive drop in taxes and as long as another government doesn’t repeal what we are doing, we will lower taxes every year so that from 2019 to 2022 we have the same taxation as Madrid,” he said.
Currently workers in Madrid pay between 9% and 21% income tax depending on how much they earn.
The lowest earners in Andalucia pay 10% while people earning above €120,000 per year pay 25.5%.
Moreno said reducing the gap will benefit families and attract investment.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59