A 69-YEAR-OLD man has been saved after suffering a cardiac arrest while scuba diving off the coast of Javea on the Costa Blanca.
The diving company he was with took him by boat to the Arenal beach, where Red Cross rescuers revived him diver with the help of a defibrillator.
Ambulance staff arrived around 12pm, by which time the man had recovered his pulse and was taken to the hospital in Dénia.
The man’s nationality is unknown.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29