24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
1 min read

‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face

BURST: The toy from Paperchase exploded in the face of the youngster mid-flight
BURST: The toy from Paperchase exploded in the face of the youngster mid-flight

A BRITISH mum-of-two has been left fuming after her son’s squishy cat toy exploded in his face during a flight to Spain.

Stephanie Harding, 32, bought the toy for her son Max, seven, from Paperchase in Manchester Airport’s duty free.

Three hours into the Thomas Cook flight to Lanzarote, the item burst in Max’s face, showering his eyes, nose and mouth in a foam, which quickly set like rubber.

“I don’t think they’ve ever taken a toy like this on a flight abroad,” Stephanie told the Liverpool Echo.

SCARED: Mum Stephanie (left) was worried as the substance began setting in her son Max’s mouth (right)

“When I went to wipe a scoop of it out of his mouth it began to set like rubber, it was frightening.”

Flight attendants were quick to help the mother and son, and it was later suggested to Stephanie that increased air pressure had caused the rupture.

Max was apparently ‘a bit off’ the next day, according to Stephanie, who received an apology and a £20 voucher from the stationary giant.

Paperchase provided her with a toxicology report stating the product was not dangerous, although were unable to comment publicly on the incident.

Previous Story

Spain honours veteran British theatre and film director Peter Brook

Next Story

Father arrested after the bodies of German mother and child found in a cave on Spanish island

Latest from Lead

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press