A BRITISH expat has been arrested for allegedly swiping a fellow Brit’s tablet at Malaga airport.
The unnamed 45-year-old snatched his alleged victim’s backpack which contained the device, worth around €700, earlier this week.
According to police the tourist, from England, had just landed from the UK and had only taken his eye off his bag for a moment when he realised it had been snatched.
Policia Nacional at the airport reacted quickly and soon tracked down the brazen thief.
The suspect is described as being known to police and ‘regularly frequents the arrival area’, according to La Opinion de Malaga.
A quick search of the Brit uncovered the missing tablet and the latest model of a popular smart phone, which cops believe may belong to another victim.
The investigation continues.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35