THE news that Brits are returning to Spain again, despite Brexit, is the best news we have had for six years.
It emerged that more British nationals had registered on the Costa del Sol in 2018 than the previous year.
The statistics, released by the Spanish Government, mark the first growth in Brit registrations here since 2013, when David Cameron promised an in-out EU referendum.
And the increase was a sizeable 600, taking the total of Brits registered in Malaga province to 47,193.
These numbers should be welcomed by all, because they show that Brits can continue to make the best of Brexit.
One reason for the increase in registrations was that some were from those who lived in Spain undocumented.
It may have taken the UK’s departure from the EU, but British nationals now have that little push they need.
More and more Brits are sorting out their lives here and that can only be a positive thing.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33