A MISSING British expat pensioner has been found dead on the Costa del Sol.
The body of Glyn Jones, 83, who suffered dementia, was found between Fuengirola and Mijas, where he had lived for 15 years.
The Welshman was located in the municipality of Mijeño at ‘kilometer 15’ of the road by search teams.
Authorities believe that Glyn may have gone for a walk in the countryside and then become disorientated.
“Glyn has dementia and has recently started to get confused,” his wife Barbara said, before he was found.
During the search efforts a friend told the Olive Press: “Glyn has a strong Welsh accent, is a bit of a cheeky old bugger and a very kind and funny man.”
Glyn had been classified as a missing person after he vanished on Sunday while wearing a Barcelona tracksuit.
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27