HUNDREDS of thousands of expats are joining polling booths around Spain today.
The registered foreigners hold the key to elections in many key tourist resorts including Javea, Calvia and Marbella.
These include Manilva and Benahavis on the Costa del Sol.
In some towns they number well over 50% of the electorate.
In Benahavis, near Marbella, British resident Scott Marshall, who has spent most of his life in Spain, is standing for the PP today.
The estate agent, told the Olive Press: “I know I can give back a lot to the village and when the opportunity arose I jumped at it.
“I hope to be running the foreigners department if voted in.”
The count in most towns will be declared later this evening after the voting booths close.
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00