A SPANISH singer has created one of the top 10 songs of the year.
In its list of best songs of 2019 so far, TIME magazine has highlighted Rosalia for her tune Con Altura recorded with J Balvin.
The track by the genre-defying Catalan artist, 25, was described as a mashup of ‘dembow, hip-hop and flamenco’.
Fresh off the back of her Coachella 2019 performance in California, the Flamenco-inspired musician is celebrated for her ‘chameleonic’ and ‘global’ appeal.
Her and the reggaeton king each have verses on the track, the video for which already has over 200 million hits on YouTube.
The magazine added: “She’s handled James Blake ballads, voluptuous dancehall anthems and mournful Justin Timberlake interpolations with equal aplomb.”
Other artists included by TIME include, Mark Ronson with his song Late Night Feelings feat. Lykke Li, the Jonas Brothers with Sucker, and FKA twigs with Cellophane.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00