BENIDORM is set to ban boozy Brits as authorities begin a crackdown on drunken behaviour.
A blacklist will reportedly be handed out to bars, restaurants and hotels in the Costa Blanca resort to help identify and turf out hooligans.
The list will show the name, nationality and passport number of known troublemakers.
Benidorm entertainer Gary Beddow Brown told the Daily Star: “It’s a good idea. Some tourists leave their brains at home and think they can get away with anything while abroad.
“Why should local businesses be out of pocket for damage caused by people with no regard for others?”
The move comes after popular boozer Tiki Beach Bar was shut down in September last year following noise complaints from nearby residents.
The closure came after a lengthy court battle against the bar on Benidorm’s levante beach.
The Costa Blanca resort is notorious for drunken behaviour – just last weekend a group of Benidorm-bound lads were spotted guzzling Heineken through a beer bong onboard a Ryanair flight.
- Cruel British tourists in Spain pay homeless man to get humiliating face tattoo
- British lads guzzle Heineken through beer bong on flight to Benidorm as stewardess HELPS to hold it up
- Benidorm’s legendary Tiki Beach bar re-opens… but now under name ‘Aloha Beach’
Last year, Brits on a stag do also offered a homeless man £90 to tattoo his face.
Tomek Matuszewski’s had stag Jamie Blake’s name and the beginning of his address ‘North Shields NE28’ inked onto his forehead.
Matuszewski said he was ‘drunk’ and couldn’t remember anything.
Brits are the largest group of foreign tourists to Benidorm, which was made even more famous by the hit ITV comedy series of the same name.
A similar blacklist scheme is already running in the resorts of Magaluf and Palma Nova on Balearic island Majorca.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43