A BRITISH expat has been left shocked after being on the receiving end of a homophobic attack on the Costa del Sol.
Lee Roberts, from Manchester, was walking home from work in Torremolinos when he claims a Moroccan man began accosting him.
“He started spitting at me and calling me ‘maricon’ (faggot),” he told the Olive Press today.
“Then he started attacking me, pushing and punching me.”
It comes just over a month after a well-known local drag queen was also attacked by a homophobic mob in the resort town, which is known as a LGBT destination.
“It was all a bit of a blur,” the bar worker, who has been here four years, added, “but these things happen everywhere.”
In an original online post detailing the attack, Roberts said: “The guy would not leave us alone and kept getting in the taxi with us even though we told the driver we didn’t know him.
“The taxi driver wouldn’t allow us in his taxi and I asked for him to call the police which the taxi driver replied with ‘the police station is down there walk to them’
“He then decided to spit in my face and started attacking me with around 6 taxi drivers just watching.
“Just a warning to anyone that the taxi drivers around the area will not help even if you are in danger. Be careful everyone, stay safe.”
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29