TRAVELLING British fans have been helping out with the big clear-up operation in Madrid following the Champions League final.
Having celebrated their side’s 2-0 victory over Tottenham, a group of Liverpool fans noticed Spanish street cleaners at work and decided to lend a hand.
Thirty-year-old David Lloyd helped sweep up while the gang waited for a train to Malaga in the early hours to begin their journey home.
David’s dad, who is also called David, said: “We didn’t have anywhere to stay while we were over there in Madrid.
“There were some fellas brushing up the square at five in the morning so some of us started helping them by throwing plastic bottles in the bins.
“The Spanish street cleaners gave David a brush,They were standing there having a laugh because he was doing their job. It was all good humoured.
“David’s granddad was a street cleaner himself so that might have had something to do with it!”
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00