THE first ever public water kiosk on the Costa del Sol could be removed after the popular service became a target for pocket change thieves.
The ‘Case de Agua’ in San Luis de Sabinillas has been in place less than a year but has been repeatedly damaged in a number of attempted thefts.
Designed to provide low cost clean water, the kiosk has been put out of action once again after the control panel was smashed in.
“This is not the first time this has happened, they go after the money inside but there’s nothing in it maybe a couple of euros, mostly ten cents,” Sabinillas Bookshop owner Steve Davies told the Olive Press.
Installed by Italian company Ecozona, the kiosk pumps municipal water through a stringent filtration system before it is delivered, nicely chilled.
Davies said: “The machine is Italian made so in the past the parts had to shipped over, a specialist might come over from Italy.
“If it keeps on happening it will just have to be taken away”
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00