THIS is the moment Spanish police dramatically cuffed a wanted American accused of kidnapping and torture.
The 53-year-old suspect, who was born in France but has US nationality and is of Russian origin, was dragged from a small red car by a swat team on the island of Tenerife.
He is accused of committing grievous bodily harm, kidnapping, torture and threats of violence in the US state of Florida.
He is believed to have kidnapped and tortured at least one individual and held them to ransom for $50,000.
The victim claims they were tied by their hands and feet in a room with ‘dozens of weapons’ on show.
They woke up there after being tasered and bundled into a van on the side of the street in Florida
They were beaten and burned with a blowtorch by the suspect and an accomplice in the terrifying ordeal in January of this year.
The FBI teamed up with the UCO and Guardia Civil after months of investigations suggested the suspect had fled to the Canary Islands.
He will now be extradited to the US.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29